Beach Theme Resin Workshop – Advanced Class – 15/02/20
$169.00 – $279.00
5 in stock
or 4 fortnightly payments from $42.25 with More info
Beach Theme Resin Workshop – Advanced Class
Resin is a fascinating medium that will not disappoint but will have you hooked for years to come.
If you love the beach, then this art class is for you.
Mareeba, Saturday, 15.02.2020 at 9 am
In this advanced resin workshop, we will create a one layer beach theme with the option of adding an additional layer if you wish.
You will use ‘Diamond Cote’ resin, an excellent UV stable resin designed for quality artwork. This resin will give you a diamond gloss finish, second to none and is excellent for this type of work.
This class is designed for a maximum number of 8 participants to ensure you have my full attention when creating your beach theme artwork.
I will provide you with an art surface of your choice which you can select in the drop-down box. I will supply inks, pastes and glitters in shades of blues, greens and sandy beach colour.
Your artwork will require 48 hours to set and cure after which it can be collected from my Studio. Alternatively, we can arrange to ship for a flat fee of A$20
What is included:
- professional Artboard of your choice
- all required safety equipment
- a range of colours and pigments to choose from
- fun and knowledge to help you achieve your beach theme artwork
- light refreshments
- Artboards for this advanced class are Birch artboards
- Each porthole board features a double primed board top and sides with a rounded top edge on a ring base which reduces weight while adding strength compared to a solid board.
- Please choose your prefered size, the larger the board, the more resin is required.
- You have the option to apply your resin to a 50cm round tabletop instead of a round artboard.
What to bring:
- closed in footwear
- comfortable cloth
- an apron or wear cloth that can get messy
- your choice of shells or similar personal embellishments, this is optional
- you have free range of resin and pigments to add a second layer of resin to your artwork
- a second layer can help you to achieve more depth in your painting for a realistic ocean and beach look
- the second session is optional and a personal preference for the super keen resinist
Resin takes a minimum of 48 hours to set before it should be moved. Your Masterpiece is ready for pick up the following week, or we can assist in arranging to ship your piece.
Location: Mareeba, my workshop or Girl Guides building pending availability
Date: Saturday, 15.02.2020
First Session: 9am – 11.30am
Second Session (optional): 2pm – 3.30pm
Please note that the Mareeba Girl Guides building has a steep set of stairs to access the workshop area.
Resin is not suitable for children under the age of 16 or pregnant women. Please do not book this workshop if you have sensitive skin, dermatitis or breathing difficulties.
You agree that by arriving, attending and leaving the workshops, it is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain and adhere to all safety precautions and requirements during the workshop. Anja Letz and the attending staff hold no personal liability or responsibility for any damage, loss or theft incurred to your personal property, or any physical injuries obtained during the workshop. By attending a workshop, you agree in holding full responsibility and liability for any damages, injuries to parties involved and physical and/or personal property that may occur during the workshop.
Birch Round Board 40cm, Birch Round Board 50cm, Round Table 50cm
No thank you, one layer is fine, Yes please, I want to add another resin layer